Monday, June 29, 2009

A Trip to the Mountains

This last Friday we loaded up the car and drove to the mountains! Matt's Mom, Carol, is celebrating her 70th birthday on July 1st. Since I am very pregnant (7 months and counting...) we decided not to take the full trip to Grand Junction, where they live. Instead, we met 1/2 way at a condo in Frisco.
It was absolutely beautiful. Our condo was HUGE! It was 2800 sq feet- 3 BIG bedrooms, each with their own lavish bathroom, and it had two decks with an unobstructed view of Lake Dillon. There were the 5 of us, Matt's parents and Matt's Grandma Rose, who is 90.
While there, we took a walk on the trails through the wetlands by the lake. (the trails were just outside our condo...) We went to the local parks to let the kids run off some excess energy. We went fishing, and Aaron was the only one to catch anything. (Go Aaron!) We also enjoyed grilling lots of food and playing games late into the night at the condo.
The boys loved the huge Jetted Tub in our bathroom, but Kellie was terrified of it and refused to get in. (sorry, I didn't get pictures of that, I have to at least try to retain their modesty somehow...)
Aaron also got his leg stuck between the rails on the deck and was terrified that we would have to call the Fire Department to get him out. Luckily Matt was quick thinking and grabbed the Jack from the car and was able to separate the bars enough to get him out. It was a pretty traumatic 15 minutes for him. (My first inclination was to take a picture, but chose not to when I saw how distressed Aaron was.)
We opened gifts and had birthday cake and enjoyed time away from home together.
Our summer traveling is finally done and now we plan to sit back and relax until school starts in August and the baby is ready to come.

Pictures soon...

(To be fair, I think I should clarify that MOST of us, namely me, will be relaxing. I don't think Matt will do much relaxing seeing whereas he is putting in our new floors this weekend!What a great guy!)

No comments: