Monday, January 11, 2010

Playground Invasion!

Every now and then my kids do or say something that gives me such a delightful inner giggle that I have to force myself to sit down and write it down so I don't forget it. Some day I'm sure they will read these notes and roll their eyes, proclaim that it's all a lie- (they would never be so silly)-, and be secretly pleased that I cared enough to preserve the memories of their childhood. But I digress...

This week's chuckle was provided by Aaron.

Last weekend he told me that he had started a "Secret Agent Club" at school during recess. They all have secret code names . He is ANT(like the bug, he says) I 1, someone else is ANT(like the bug, he says) I 2, etc. Before you can ask, I have to say that I have absolutely no idea how he came up with those names, he's too creative for his own good, I guess.

My first big chuckle came after announcing the names...

Aaron: "Mom, what does ANTI mean?"
I explained that it means you're against something, or it is the opposite of something.
He then responded that he was "anti- a lot of things" and I had to smile again.

Today...
Aaron: The agents are doing well... we found lots of clues today, Mom.
Julie: Clues? What clues?
Aaron:The clues that are leading us to find the ALIEN KING.
Julie:What ALIEN KING?
Aaron: (in a hushed voice...) Well YOU know he's just pretend...
(normal voice again) but my agents found all the clues I made and hid all over the playground.
They're going to lead us right to him Mom, I know it!

I can't wait to hear how this saga unfolds...

1 comment: