I have to tell you- I have a problem. I am too curious. I just finished the last book in the Twilight series. I am so irritated that I lost those hours of my life. Whose fault is it? Mine. Let me start at the beginning.
A few months ago, some friends from church recommended I read the Twilight series. The first book was okay. Creepy, but interesting. The next two were interesting enough. Creative, but still a bit wierd. To be honest, I kept reading, not because I loved the premise, or the writing, but because the storyline was one of the strangest I had ever heard of. I finally broke down and read the last book, if for no other reason than to see how it ended. Curiosity. Pure curiosity. Will she become a vampire or won't she? What should have been a quick read to satisfy my need to know, turned into a tedious chore. 700+ pages later, I am amazed at how the darn book drug on. It should NOT take 200 pages to describe a pregnancy that lasted 1 month. Get an editor! Why did I keep reading, you ask? All I can say in my defense is, I was curious. I wanted to know how all the loose ends tied up. AAAAAHHHHH!
I should have known better. I have been duped before. I endured the Lord of the Rings junk because everybody raved about how good it was. I have read the books- they were okay. The movies were really, REALLY long, and very creepy. I don't like scary movies. I don't like violence. I watched because darn it, I was curious. I kept expecting it to get better, which it didn't.
Pirates of the Caribbean. SO DISAPPOINTING. I liked the first movie- it hooked me. The sequels were creepy with those disgusting sea creatures. I watched and at the end of the 3rd movie, was really ticked off. You can ask Matt. I was mad. Really mad. Did I really just spend the last few hours of my life watching revolting sea creatures and slap stick swordplay to have it end by killing off the main love interest? Oh, but I forgot, He's not REALLY gone. Just mostly gone. (It felt very reminiscent of a scene in Princess Bride about the difference between being dead, and mostly dead.)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I need to see a doctor. Maybe they have a procedure that can remove my darn NEED TO KNOW syndrome. Either that, or they can induce some rare form of amnesia that makes me forget all the time I just wasted. grrrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:
Well, I must commend you for reading all 3 Twilight books. I read the first one and decided that was enough for me. I really don't like creepy things and one was enough.
I had to laugh because I too came out of the theater really ticked off at the ending of the third Pirates movie. I fumed for the next week. What a rip off! I just wanted to shout, "Hey, this is a Disney movie!!!! Happy Endings, People!!!!!" I'm secretly hoping that they make a 4th Pirates movie where they can somehow go back in time and change it to a happy ending!
(Actually there were 4 Twilight books...) There is a 4th Pirates movie coming out- they announced it a few weeks ago, but I heard that Kiera Knightley and Orlando Bloom will not be back. Go figure.
We should picket Disney. Nothing but HAPPY ENDINGS, people!
Post a Comment