
I have a four year old who has decided bedtime is (and I quote) "not fun". It doesn't seem to matter whether he has napped or not during the day, if he is really tired or not - he just has started to be a real pain in the tushie at bedtimes.
After several weeks of crying (us not him), begging (again, us, not him), threatening (mostly us, a few from him). and generally fighting the whole routine, I have devised a new system.
Caleb now has Sleepy Stickers. Every morning, if he has gone to bed without whines and fits and tantrums then he gets to put a sticker on his Sleepy Sticker page. After 10 stickers, he gets a surprise (to be determined by mom and dad.)
We tried it last night with much success! Noticeably less fighting and whining. He was so excited to put his sticker on the page today. Wish Caleb lots of luck and sweet dreams from now on! ( I hope...)
(Thanks for the idea Aunt Janice....)

1 comment:
Amazing what a sticker can get a child to do. Sweet dreams, Caleb!
Post a Comment