Yesterday Aaron and I went to the library while the other 2 kiddos were napping. Due to all the rain, the library was a pretty busy place to be. After gathering our books, I let Aaron play at the Thomas and Friends Train Table they have in the Kids Section. I sat on a nearby couch and listened to the following conversation. (There was another little kid, probably about 3 yrs old already playing.)
KID: Come on Thomas! Let's Go!
AARON: Um, excuse me, but that's not Thomas.
KID: It's not?
AARON: No, that's Toby. Toby's brown.
KID: Oh. Here's Thomas.
AARON: No, that's Percy. He's green.
KID: (picking up another green one) Thomas?
AARON: No, that's Henry he's green too.
KID: Who says?
AARON: I know these things because I'm an expert.
KID: What's a "experp"? (mispronounced)
AARON: EXPERT. Not experp. It means I know a lot about this topic. I know ALL about these trains. When you get bigger you can be an expert, too.
KID: I am a PERP too!
AARON: Maybe someday...
KID: I'm a PERP! I'm a PERP! I'm a PERP.
Aaron and I left not to shortly after this conversation. I had a good chuckle to myself and can't help but giggle at Aaron's expert teaching!
Seriously, I have no idea where this kids parents were, but I hope they don't mind too much when their little guy runs around telling everyone that he's a PERP! (at least he didn't say PERV...) :)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so funny! I can just picture him saying that. How funny!
Too funny. Kids are fun! :o)
Post a Comment