I have had to laugh lately because so many people have asked us if we are disappointed that this baby is a boy instead of another girl. Let me answer that- NO! :) We chose to have another baby because we didn't feel our family was complete yet, not because we were hoping for a girl! I do feel a little bad for Kellie because I have wonderful sisters and she is missing out on that experience- but I find consolation in the fact that someday she'll get to have great sister-in-laws! (I'm sure my sons will pick lovely women to marry some day!)
Anyway, there are a few things I LOVE about BOYS...
*Their toys are so much cooler. I'll take Legos and Trains over Barbies any day!
*No tights to force them into when you're dressing them for church!
*Low maintenance hair styles!
*They wear what you set out for them without too much fuss. (I am amazed at how opinionated Kellie is about her clothes- and she is only 2!)
*Their protective nature! My boys are always trying to "Take Care of" me and Kellie. We are surrounded by protective little guys!
*Mischievous smiles. (I know I should be worried that they are up to something when I get one of those grins... but there is just something about that look and wink that makes me laugh!)
*There's just something about a boy standing in the front row LOUDLY singing "Jesus wants me for a SUN-BEAM!"during the Primary Program. (Somehow, it's just not as cute when the girls are irreverently belting out lyrics.)
*Overalls. (Enough said.)
I'm sure there are many more things I forgot! What's your favorite thing about boys?
(By the way, I'm a fan of little girls, too! They are special in so many different ways! I don't want any one to think I am Anti-GIRL here...)
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I don't know if it's boys in general, or just Brendan, but there's something about his HUGE heart! I love the hugs and kisses he gives. I love that he wants to be active all the time, I love how his little mind is always thinking about things and wanting to know how they work. I love my little guy so much...and I'm right there with ya on the low maintenance hair stylin'...LOVE IT!
Cute post! See, for me I don't have the comparison. A lot of things that I just think are baby/toddler/children things to do, I later find out from Summer or another mother of girls that it is a boy thing. But I do like that boys can duke it out and be done. No grudges, no hard feelings. I don't like fighting, of course, but it's nice to not have arguments go on and on.
I also love the lack of fear and love of adventure. Thanks for helping me think for a moment about why I love my boys!
How much they love their mommies!
I only have one boy, so I don't know if his traits are boy traits or just him. But he is the most compassionate, loving little boy. My daughter is all spit-fire and opinion. My son is much more calm and willing to please his mommy. He is also all boy, and loves to play sports with dad. It's really been fun for me to see the difference between my boy and girl. I love them both for very different things.
I absolutely love my boy! I hear from others that Girls are a lot of work. I keep busy enough for now that I don't need any extra work. I really think it is the preteen and teen years they are referring too. :o) But my boy is so protective, loving, gets my door for me and is fun, spunky and always entertaining. We are always wondering where the camera is as he is always performing. He loves sports especially baseball and is always telling me Mom your going to have to get used to me having my own plans too. I am getting older you know! What!!!
Post a Comment