

"Can we have lunch so we can leave already?"
"I want to go now!"
"When can we go?"
Caleb started Preschool today and was so excited he could barely contain himself.I have been listening to these comments all morning. I guess he just couldn't wait to get out the door!
We got to the school, and after checking him in and helping him find his name tag, the kids were supposed to find a carpet square, pick out a book and read for a few minutes.I was all prepared to stay with him until asked to leave, but he gave Kellie and me a hug and said "Bye, Mom!", so I left. What could I do? I figured that I would rather have him dismiss me, than wonder why I was hanging around and make him nervous. In the parking lot, another mom told me Caleb wasn't too sure about me being gone and started to sniffle after I left, but the teacher went and sat by him and he was fine within just a minute or two. He's growing up so fast...
"I want to go now!"
"When can we go?"
Caleb started Preschool today and was so excited he could barely contain himself.I have been listening to these comments all morning. I guess he just couldn't wait to get out the door!
We got to the school, and after checking him in and helping him find his name tag, the kids were supposed to find a carpet square, pick out a book and read for a few minutes.I was all prepared to stay with him until asked to leave, but he gave Kellie and me a hug and said "Bye, Mom!", so I left. What could I do? I figured that I would rather have him dismiss me, than wonder why I was hanging around and make him nervous. In the parking lot, another mom told me Caleb wasn't too sure about me being gone and started to sniffle after I left, but the teacher went and sat by him and he was fine within just a minute or two. He's growing up so fast...

1 comment:
Watching them grow is so much fun. Enjoy a few hours with Kellie before they too are gone with a new baby on its way!
Post a Comment